It is starting to get cold, it gets dark early and you are finding it increasingly difficult to go out for a run, go for a bike ride or even go to the gym. Have you thought about exercising at home?
These days you can go on to YouTube and access hundreds of channels and tutorials to participate in the virtual fitness classes that are taking place in every corner of the planet. But today we would like to talk to you about the people who decided to look into this idea to offer a service so complete that it could compete with many conventional gyms.
If what you are looking for in a gym is the social attraction of having a relationship with other people (and to chat with them in the changing room), then what we are suggesting is not for you, or it could be as a way of supplementing that. But if your aim is to exercise at home, at the time you prefer and wearing whatever you like – even your pyjamas – apps, gadgets and web platforms are a fantastic option to consider.
What do you need to keep in shape at home?
All you need is an Internet connection, a screen with audio and a bit of space to move about in comfort. We have drawn up a list so that you can exercise and have a good time without leaving the house. Here they are!
- Be Fit – First step towards the transformation. This now classic YouTube channel is one of the best places to start. You will find an enormous variety of exercises for all profiles and levels: aerobics, Pilates, yogalates…, including gentler targeted exercises to recover after giving birth.
- Daily Burn – Fitness for all tastes. It is as if you had a gym in your Smart TV, although it also works on other equipment. On this channel you can find live classes being given by experts, recorded classes and even nutritional advice. It is good for all fitness levels and, even better, you can chat with the trainers.
- 7-minute workout – an app to get you in shape in only 7 minutes. The high intensity exercises have been shown to be very effective at weight loss and maintaining physical fitness. It is an app with 12 exercises that can be done in seven minutes, but their high intensity means they are equivalent to an hour’s training.
- Tiffany Rothe – Healthy sexy bodies. This Californian woman, who is an expert in fitness and dance, offers exercises very much aimed at women’s bodies (hips, thighs, abdominals, etc.) and also advises on how to look after yourself and eat better. Her techniques, sympathetic approach and good humour mean that the exercises are different and entertaining.
- Physique 57 – inspired by dance exercises. This platform is one of the trendiest and offers a different kind of training, because its content is based on dance movements aimed at getting you in shape and providing muscle definition. The sessions are live, but you can also watch ones that have already been recorded.
- Yogaia – Live, interactive yoga. This is for people who are looking for a more relaxed form of exercise; it is an online yoga studio that is live from Finland. The great thing is that you can set up a webcam and do your classes in front of the yoga teacher, who will correct you and help you perfect your asanas.
We are sure that you will find the method that is best suited to your way of exercising among these suggestions. Connect, enjoy and share! And remember daily exercise is essential if you want to have a healthy lifestyle.